Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

I now have acne and dark brown vaginal discharge, from what

I'm 27 years old and last year I had my toncills taken out. I stopped taking my birth control pill because I couldn't swollow and I wasn't sexual active. After a few weeks my face started to break out with pimples and I went back on the same pills orth-tryclin because in college they were the only thing that cleared my face. But once I went back on them and used antibiotics to help my acne I started to have brown vaginal discharge. It's been over a year now that I still have this dark brown discharge and I've been to Gynocologists and they just keep putting me on different birth control. Why do I have this discharge???...when it's not brown it's yellow for only a couple of days....and my acne is really really bad now. Do you have any suggestions??? thank you- Michelle
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 9 years ago.
Customer, normally brown discharge is produced , when the woman is ovulating .

But there are cases, in which brown vaginal discharge can be caused by old blood accumulation .

For this reason ,the best option would be that your gynecologist performs an hysteroscopy ,to rule out the prescence of intrauterine masses,endometriosis or dilated blood vessels in your uterus that bleed ,producing this brownish coloration.

In relation to your acne , if your acne has not improved using antibiotics , talk with your dermatologist , to see if he can prescribe you Accutane , this medication is only used in severe cases of Acne . Your dermatologist will explain you the advantages and disadvantages of this medication. Other alternative treatments that he can use to relieve your acne are laser and dermabrasion therapy .

If you like the answer , click accept . A bonus will always be sincerely XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
thanks for the advice but I've already been doing laser treaments on my face and there hasn't been any improvement, I also did acutane in college and there wasn't anything positive about the treatment until I went on ortho-tryclcin. Do you think the acne is a result from the discharge? I think I'll do that hysteroscopy. Will it be better than the pelvic ultrasound?

No,Customer ,the acne is not a result from the discharge .

In relation ,to the hysteroscopy , this is much better than a pelvic sonography , because with an hysteroscopy , your doctor will be able to see directly your uterus internal walls and your uterus lining . With a pelvic sonography , this is not possible .

If you like the answer , click accept . A bonus will always be sincerely appreciated .