Dr Amit Munjal
Dr Amit Munjal, Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S{Ayurveda Physician}Worked in various clinical departments like Medicine,ER,Gynae
1189392

I get these hard lumps under my skin on my chin ...

I get these hard lumps under my skin on my chin mainly. They are very sore and take a few weeks to go away. I have tried everything to get rid of them but nothing works.

Since how long are you having these symptoms ?

Have you seen a dermatologist ?

Any associated facial hairs ?

Any other relevant medical history ?

Size of the lumps ? Are they nodular ?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Dr Amit Munjal's Post: I have had these spots for a few years have been to the doctors a few times but have never been told what they are or been given anything that treats them or prevets them. Haven ever been referred to see a dermatologist. I have no associated facial hairs and no relevant medical history. The lumps start off small and grow in size to roughly a small pea that are quite hard and painful to touch and are sore whenever i move my chin/mouth. There is some swelling around the lump and they are not nodlar. It starts off skin coloured and turn red as it grows.

Are your periods normal ,regular ?

Are these lesions related to the timing of the period ??

Based upon your history and description of the lesion this sounds to be acne .

Usually antibiotic like doxycycline needs to be prescribed initially in cases of acne . Also topical medicines like clindamycin may also be required . In severe cases topical Isotretinoin may also be prescribed .

Eat a healthy diet .Fresh green leafy vegetables .Drink plenty of water .Water hydrate the skin and is helpful .

You should be seen by a dermatologist for a proper evaluation and treatment .

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Dr Amit Munjal's Post: Can I just ask doctor to try these antibiotics or ask him to be referred to a dermatologist first?

Ideally a refferal should be considered since you are having a chronic history of this problem .