Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice

I am experiencing a sharp pain in the shaft of my penis ...

I am experiencing a sharp pain in the shaft of my penis whenever pressure is applied to it. It makes sex painful. I have NO blood in my urin, and my urin is NOT cloudy. It also does NOT hurt when I urinate. I do not feel this pain under ordinary circumstances. Only when the pressure is applied to the underside of the shaft and usually during an erection. Can you please tell me what this could be? And should I be concerned?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 9 years ago.

Where exactly on the shaft do you get this pain? all through the shaft or only at a certain point?

Is the penis slightly bent at that point when erect?

Did you ever have any bruises or discoloration at that point?

When did the pain start - after sex?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The pain exists near the bottom of the shaft on the underside whenever pressure is applied, like during masturbation or sex. I don't feel the pain otherwise. However, there is some sort of sensation in the head that I feel every now and again, like a tingling or slight burning. But again, no burning when I urinate. Penis is not bent and no discoloration. As a test...I attempted sex this morning and did not feel the sharp pain. But when I urinate afterward, the sensation in the head was present.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The pain began a few days ago, and was minimal in the beginning and got worse. It wasn't immediately after sex, but there was an abundance of sexual activity for a few days prior to the pain.

It is likely that you are suffering from prostatitis - inflammation of the prostate. The prostate gland is situated just below the bladder. The urethra, which is the tube through which urine and semen comes to the tip of the penis passes through it. Any infection and inflammation of the prostate gland is thus referred to the penis and will be felt as a pain or burning sensation.

The sensation may be more just after or before sex, or after handling the penis after masturbation.

Another cause of the pain and the sensation could be a penile fracture.

A penile fracture is an injury to a thick membranous covering inside the penis called the Tunica Albuginea. The injury occurs if the penis receives a sudden jolt in the erect state.

Penile fracture should be treated as early as possible. As an immediate measure, you need to apply a cold pack over the penis, support it so that movement is restricted and take painkillers like Motrin 500mg. But if you really have had a penile fracture, you need to consult a doctor for an early examination. You may need a surgical repair of the injury.

To know more, please see:

Please consult your doctor for a urine test as well as examination of the prostate for any inflammation.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.