Sarah Rachel
Sarah Rachel, Nutritional Consultant / Herbalist
Experience:  Nutritional Consultant, Herbalist, Natural Health Advocate, Studying to be a Holistic Practitioner
2833627

I have been having minor chest pain in between my breasts - ...

Customer Question

I have been having minor chest pain in between my breasts - sometimes it feels like heatburn and other times its just kind of a minor ache.   Sometimes acts up when I am laying down.    It has not been constant pain or bad pain - just off & on the last 5 days or so.
Category: Health
Expert:  Sarah Rachel replied 7 years ago.

Hello my friend,

I understand your concerns and I will do everything I can to help you. I am also available to answer any follow up questions that you may have.

Chest pains can be alarming especially if they start up all of a sudden. I can certainly help to give you an idea of what may be going on however do keep in mind that you would need to be seen by a doctor to be properly diagnosed.

Chest pains that happen shortly after eating are almost always associated with the digestive system. In some cases eating large fatty meals or certain foods can cause extreme acid reflux or even gallbladder attacks. Gallbladder attacks are typically felt in the upper quadrant of the stomach, but the pain can radiate through the chest. Ulcers have also been associated with chest pains.

Other things which can be the cause of frequent chest pains are heart problems, or asthma. Angina is more commonly seen in people over the age of 40. If a blockage develops in one of the arteries to the heart the heart will lose blood rich oxygen resulting in chest pains. If you ever start to feel chest pain as well as extreme tightness in the chest this could be a heart attack. If this happens dial 911 right away. Chest pains of any type should always be looked into. This may or may not be something serious. I recommend that you see your doctor right away for a check up and also be sure to make an appointment with a cardiologist to have your heart looked at.

I hope this helps. Please click on accept otherwise please request more information. I am always here to help.

Have a wonderful day!

Sarah :)

Experience: Nutritional Consultant, Herbalist, Natural Health Advocate, Studying to be a Holistic Practitioner
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Sarah Rachel's Post: I actually have an appt. with my doctor next Tuesday morning - since it has not been minor pain off and on.    I was also thinking it might be gone by then.    We recently moved and I was heating ALOT of fast food over a course of a few weeks - so, I thought that might be it, but I have stopped.   Over the weekend, it was more like gallbladder pain, but that pain is gone and now its just the chest off and on - sometimes heatburn feeling and sometimes just an ache.

Hello my friend,

I'm glad to hear that you will be seeing your doctor. I myself had gallbladder problems after the birth of my first son. I remember the pain from the gallbladder attacks would sometimes bring me to my knees. I can certainly sympathize with anyone going through it or something similar. Sometimes drinking straight lemon juice would stop an attack because the acid from fresh lemons would help to neutralize the stone that was stuck the common bile duct causing the spasms. I did end up having my gallbladder removed because the stones were just too large for any other type of treatment in my case.

Since your pain has been happening after eating the chances are that it is associated with your gallbladder or acid reflux. It could also be a combination of the two. Eating fast food frequently has been known to disrupt the balance of bile in the system because the large amounts of fat from fast food cause your liver to produce more bile which can cause stones sitting inside the gallbladder to pushed up and become stuck the common bile duct resulting in pains.

I hope you feel better soon. Thank you for the fast accept!

Have a wonderful day!

Sarah :)