Lindie
Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert
163146

i had a hiv test and it was non reactive and the index ...

Customer Question

i had a hiv test and it was non reactive and the index value was 1.00 and it was 06/20/2007 and i has another one 10/02/2007 and it was the seme way index value was 1.00 and was no reactive again, should i do another test or i m ok?i wold like to now if is nescessary to have another test or not, what is the possibilite that i have or not hiv, becouse boht test was 1.00 and the index value is 1.00 too, but was istil no reactive, i want to now if i have or is just starting the virus i do not know how does it works i do not know how is it.
Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 7 years ago.
I'm not sure the reason for you being test for HIV, however most people get tested due to an incident where they feel they may have been exposed to HIV. When was it that you feel you may have been exposed?

Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i was expoded in 06/17/2007 and i went to the have a test 06/20/2007 and i got the results and it was no reactive but my question is if is any risk becouse i had 1.00 of 1.00 index value, and i had another test in 10/02/2007 and it was the same, 1.00 of 1.00 index value, and no reactive, a just want to know if is more safe if i have like 3.2 or 4.5 of 1.00 index value.
Expert:  Lindie replied 7 years ago.

You are saying the Riba test, riba checks for antibodies to Hep C Virus. So are you getting that confused with HIV? Non-Reactive, generally means no antibodies have been found at this time. At this point, I would be tested once more in December, which would be 6 months from possible exposure date. If that comes up the same, then chances are you're fine.

If you are referring to a Riba test: The test cannot tell if you are currently infected, only if you have been exposed to the virus, which is Hep C.

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don't forget to click the *ACCEPT* button and please take a moment to leave me *POSITIVE* feedback.

Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience: 17+ years, Healthcare Expert
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok, i guess i m confused, i had a test that is hep A Ab, igM tha was result negative and reference interval was negative and HBsAG screen that was result negative and reference interval negative and Hep B core Ab, igM result positive abnormal and reference interval was negative and hep C virus Ab 0.2 s/co ratio 0.0-0.9 negative 0.9 positive 0.9 and than they right some thing like this.

in order to reduce the incidente of a false positive result, the CDC recommends that all s/co ratios between 1.0 and 99 be confirmed with additional RIBA or PCR testing.

and the last one was
HIV 1/0/2 Abs- ICMA
HIV 1/0/2 Abs-index value resolt <1.00 reference interval < 1.00
index value: specimen reactivity relative to the negative cutoff
HIV 1/0/2 Abs, QUAL   result non reactive
reference interval no reactive.

and that mins that the one that i have to have done again is the Hep. B and not HIV?????????????????????????????????
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

and the last one was
HIV 1/0/2 Abs- ICMA
reference interval no reactive.
Expert:  Lindie replied 7 years ago.

When you said you think the name of the test is Riba, that test is for Hep C. So giving the HIV <1.00 is Neg. Non reactive, no signs of antibodies. Which is what ones body would first produce if they do have the virus.

From the results given on this last one you had, all shows Neg- However, it's always best to retest again at 6 months just to be on the safe side. Which this last test was in Oct. 4 month out from possible exposure in June, so that in itself is good. But most people will retest again in 6 months and if still Neg non reactive, then are considered fine.

Make sense?

So basically at this point with the blood work you had done, the tests have not picked up any antibodies, which is a good sign.

Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THANKS, XXXXX XXXXX THINKING THAT I HAVE TO RETEST FOR THE HIV TEST AND NOT FOR THE HEP.B NOW I UNDERSTEND THAT WAS NOT FOR HIV BUT HEP.B THANKS THANKS AND THANKS.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IS POSSIBLE TO GET HIV IF E HAD A PINES INSID MY PUSSY THIS DEEP------------JUST ONCE... WAS NOT HAVING SEX WAS JUST ONCE AND WAS NOT TOTALLY INSIND AND HE WAS NOT CAMING OR HE DID NOT CAME, BUT E DONT KNOW IF HE HAD THE CLEAR LIQUID IN HIS PINES....