Dr. M. Lahkar
Dr. M. Lahkar, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD in Radiodiagnosis
5326904

I have pain in my left hip and nausea.

No Comment Added
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. M. Lahkar replied 6 years ago.

Can you tell me more about:

Do you have any pain, redness in the hip? Any fever?

Have you done an X rayof the hip joint?

Im still online for help after you provide me the above information.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Pain extends over abdomen left side. No redness
just accompanied by nausea- haven't been x-rayed nor talked with dr. Disappears temporarily when
I walk around in daily activity- Occurs every morning when I get up.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
pain extends over abdomen low-left side. No redness. Just accompanied by nauseas-dry heaves nothing comes up. HAVEN'T SEEN DR. NOR BEEN X-RAYED. DISAPPEARS TEMPORARILY WHEN i WALK AROUND IN DAILY ACTIVITY. OCCURS IN MORNING WHEN I FIRST GET UP OUT OF BED.
Hello Snow, your symptoms indicate that you are not having an infection of the hip joint. The diagnosis of your hip problem mainly depends on positive findings during physical examination. Hip-related pain is not always felt directly over the hip. Instead, you may feel it in the middle of your thigh or in your groin. Similarly, pain you feel in the hip may actually reflect a problem in your back, rather than your hip itself. You have not mentioned if you ever had a fall on your hip which could easily lead to hip fractures as the bones are usually weak in aged persons due to osteoporosis (less dense bone).

You can read about the common hip problems here:
http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Hips_explained?OpenDocument

Home Care

• Try to avoid activities that aggravate the pain.
  • Take over-the-counter pain medication, like ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
  • Sleep on your non-painful side with a pillow between your legs.

A hip fracture is considered a medical emergency. Therefore, if suspected, you should be seen right away.

As the pain improves, gradually begin to exercise. It is best to work with a physical therapist to learn proper exercises and how to advance your activity. When you are ready (a physical therapist can help determine that), slowly and carefully resume walking or another activity against the resistance of gravity.

I hope my answer is helpful to you.Please press the GREEN ACCEPT button to accept my answer and a positive feedback from you will be an added bonus for me.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
wHAT ABOUT NAUSEA? cOULD IT BE SOMETHING ELSE BESIDES A HIP JOINT?
There is no relation between a hip joint problem and nausea.This is most likely to be the result of an associated gastritis(acid reflux) that possibly gets aggravated when you have the hip pain, which builds up a subconscious stress inside you increasing the gastric acid secretion. Any form of stress can increase gastric acid secretion , even pain! If you have noticed that you feel nauseated everytime you have the pain, you may take OTC antacids like gelusil, Pepcid Complete or some other similar drug.

Dr. M. Lahkar, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MD in Radiodiagnosis