Paramedic P
Paramedic P, Paramedic (EMT)
Experience:  Paramedic, 12+ years in health care, work in a mobile clinic that treats the homeless
5213119

Do you have a period after your ovaries have been removed ...

Customer Question

Do you have a period after your ovaries have been removed but you still have a uterius?
Category: Health
Expert:  Paramedic P replied 9 years ago.

Hello Marlene

If you had both ovaries removed it will cause immediate menopause. You stated that you had an ovarian tumor but did not state if both ovaries were removed. If one ovary was left in place then you will still menstruate.

This article explains everything including the function of the ovaries and the hormones they release that start the menstrual cycle:

http://obgyn.health.ivillage.com/menstruation/menstruation2.cfm

If you go to page 2 of the article and scroll down towards the bottom you will see menopause.

I hope this information was helpful to you. If I failed to answer any of your questions or you would like more information please let me know.

Sincerely,

Bunny

If you are satisfied with your answer please hit the accept button. If you do not hit the accept button the funds are not transfered to my account. If you would like more information I am here for you. Follow-ups are free and are included with the original quote. Thank you.

Hello Marlene,

Did you have any further questions?