Dr. M. Lahkar
Dr. M. Lahkar, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD in Radiodiagnosis

Are bumps in the vaginal area always related to an std

bump appears to be like a pimple, after wearing uncomfortable underwear
Hi, Flowers

Can you tell me more about:

Do you have bumps with itching or redness?

Is it in the groin or inner thighs and more with sweating?

Are you sensitive to particular clothing?

Im still online for help after you provide me the above information.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
There is no itching or real redness and it is on the outside of the vagina. I do get irritated easily when sweating. I normally try to wear cotton underwear. I have had bumps before right after my period. I think the string irritates me as well. Does that sound crazy?
Hello Flowers, there can be many causes of vaginal bumps like sebaceous cyst, genital warts, STD's like genital herpes, HPV infection .
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease. One of the symptoms of this condition is the breakout of skin bumps. It is important to remember that the bump resulting from herpes is a blister-type swelling. This bumps consequently turns crusty. Sebaceous cyst on the other hand forms as an enclosed sac located under the skin. If pierced, a fluid oozes out, which is sort of sticky and yellowish looking, called keratin.

This substance has an unpleasant smell. These cysts may be found on the vaginal area, thus can be considered as vaginal bumps. They can also form on your face, neck and other parts of the body. Its existence is not limited in women as men can also develop this type of cyst. A sebaceous cyst is normally painless but if you dare tamper with it such as attempting to secrete the substance inside the sac, this action may further swell and might lead to an infection.
Hair follicles that have pulled out or the incidence of skin trauma may trigger the growth of sebaceous cysts. The presence of pubic hair in the vulva near the vagina would tend to result to vaginal lumps in that area also. The presence of bumps or lumps in your other body parts such as the face, neck, breast, and in the lower half of the body would lead the conclusion that you have sebaceous cysts.
If these symptoms below are observed, more or less the vaginal has been infected and should have medical attention. The symptoms are as follows:

• 1. Tenderness of the infected area
  • 2. Reddening of the area
  • 3. Warm feeling on the infected bumps
  • 4. Bumps emit fluids that are grayish white or cheesy in color
  • 5. Emitted substances has a foul odor
Vaginal bumps in the form of sebaceous cysts are harmless and ordinarily disappear after a while. If infected, it is advisable to consult your doctor on what is the best remedy. If the cyst remains small but infected, it may be cured through injection of the appropriate drug or by taking antibiotics. If left unattended and the cyst grow bigger and inflamed, removing it through surgery may be the only option. You should always try to seek medical advice when finding bumps in your vagina just to be on the safe side.

I hope my answer is helpful to you.Please press the GREEN ACCEPT button to accept my answer and a positive feedback from you will be an added bonus for me.