Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

i have waves of pain that runs through my body. that leaves ...

Customer Question

i have waves of pain that runs through my body. that leaves me sore. the more i work the worse the pain. and sometimes its just certain parts that hurt. i cant sleep. i cant hold down a job. i have been diagnosed with hart disease three years ago and have three stents in my hart.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 9 years ago.

Since when are the symptoms?

What are the medications you are taking?

What are the treatment you have undergone?

Are you diabetic? Hypertensive?

Any significant family history?

What are the investigations you have undergone?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
i have had blood work done nothing shows up
the symptoms have been going on for about 8 months,just getting worse as time goes on.i take a lot advil. no family history .just hart disease.

Chronic generalized pain is a quite common and distressing medical condition that can be tedious to diagnose and difficult to treat and is may also be associated with fatigue, poor sleep and depression.

One of the major subgroup is fibromyalgia. Although the condition is more common in females, it can occur in males, also. The diagnosis is by exclusion of major arthralgias.

For that you have to undergo specific tests which can either diagnose or exclude the muscle or soft tissue pains in you. A big differential diagnosis is connective tissue disorders which initially may present with generalized pain but do have systemic involvement and complications.

I would strongly suggest that you should consult an IMMUNOLOGIST or RHEUMATOLOGIST.

Following blood investigation would be warranted:

Rheumatoid factor

Antinuclear antibodies

Serum uric acid

ASLO titer

C-reactive protein

Anti-SSA (Ro) or Anti-SSB (La)

Anti-ribosomal P

Lupus anticoagulant

Coombs test

If the tests which have some combinations of diagnosing or excluding the specific diseases, conclude with a specific disorders, there are specific medications which are called as disease modifying drugs which just "switch off" the disease.

Please feel free, if you have further questions to ask.