Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience:  Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal
237255

I have a headache, achy joints and feel tired. What could th ...

I have a headache, my joints ache and I feel generally tired.
Category: Health
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 9 years ago.
How long has this been going on and do you normally have headaches? This will allow me to be of better help to you, thank you.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I have it a few times 3 weeks ago. IT went away and today it started again.
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 9 years ago.
Thank you so much for this information and if you have been having headaches occur commonly now when they have not before it could be some Neurological issues with swelling of the veins in your head which cause headaches to occur so if this does continue to occur I would recommend that you have an MRI performed to rule out any underlying issues. With your fatigue and body aches this could be a summer flu or it could even be some issues with your thyroid so a thyroid check is also wise if this continues. If you have an underactive thyroid then this causes alot of fatigue. Also one other thought is to add some vitamin suppliments to your daily routine as this can help with joints aches and fatigue if your iron is low so this should be considered as well. It is almost mimicing the symptoms of a viral infection but since this did occur before then went away and has come back I feel adding the vitamins, using some warm compresses on your head, along with taking Ibuprophen for the possible vein swelling causing your headaches would see if this could be what is causing this but if these tips do not help then I do advise a round of bloodwork to see if your iron is off and a possible MRI to see what is causing you to have frequent headaches that you have never had before.