Dr. D. Evans
Dr. D. Evans, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MS in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery , Attachment to Neurosurgery.
1771736

How do I pass a THC test the test is in 3 days ...

Customer Question

How do I pass a THC test? the test is in 3 days and I smoked this morning I am A heavy user!!
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. D. Evans replied 7 years ago.

I am afraid that there is little you can do in this situation. It depends mainly on the level of exposure. The difficulty is that THC, the active ingredient of cannabis, gets stored up in fat and is released slowly into the blood.

Cannabis, or rather, THC, takes a week to six weeks to clear from the body. For a mild exposure, say, a day of moderate smoking, a week would be sufficient to clear up the system. But for chronic exposure, in heavy smokers, 6 weeks would ideally be required for the cannabis to be cleared.
There are some controversies, some researchers say that 4 weeks and not 6, is the cutoff for even heavy smokers. But it is better to assume 6 weeks to be on the side of safety.
You can look up here:
http://homepages.poptel.org.uk/DrDrew/testing.html

Also look up here:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_testing.shtml

However, once the cannabis is lodged in the fat, and if you are a heavy smoker, its bound to be, then there's nothing which will clear it off. Although many products are advertised on the net and elsewhere, none of these are of any use. You can make this out from the fact that if they were of use, no one would ever be detected as positive. I am afraid I must tell you that there is practically nothing you can do if the drug is there in your body. To test for this, you can buy a commercial do-at-home test here.

I hope this answer was helpful. If you need more information, feel free to ask. For accepting this answer, please click on the green 'accept' button below. Feedback/Bonus will be warmly appreciated.

Dr. D. Evans, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MS in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery , Attachment to Neurosurgery.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Dr. D. Evans's Post: So there is nothing? It is just a URINE exam!!
A number of commercial products are advertised on the net which claim to help in this. However, I am unable to ascertain their truth or actual efficacy. Nor in fact do I feel comfortable in advising you on this beyond what I have already told you. Hence I am opting out of the question so that other experts can try to help you. Please wait for answers from other experts.
Expert:  Family Physician replied 7 years ago.
As a medical review officer - trained and certified in the interpretation of drug tests - I will be help you - Some additional information would help me give you the best possible answer.

When did you last use marijuana (or any drug)?

How often/how much do you use?

What is the purpose of this drug test? (Pre-employment, military, DOT)

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Family Physician's Post: Last use was 24 hours ago,I use about everyday for back pain!The test is for a court order.It is just a in house Urine test. THANK YOU !!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Family Physician's Post: Last use was 24 hours ago,I use about everyday for back pain!The test is for a court order.It is just a in house Urine test. THANK YOU !!I smoke about 2-3 grams a day
Thank you for that additional information.

With chronic use - the detection period with urine testing is in the range of 10-30 days (longer with lower threshold testing conducted by some employers), and with casual use it is detected in the range of 3-10 days.

There really is nothing you can do at this point. Being well hydrated will cause a slight decrease int the concentration of THC metabolites in the urine - but is unlikely to cause you to test negative.

As for the various "cleansers", "tricks" and solutions to "beat the test" that you find on the web ande in "head shops" - I can assure you that these are not going to work, some of them are DANGEROUS if ingested, and many of them will cause your urine to test ADULTERATED (tampered) - which is treated the same as a positive for legal purposes.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for, but it is the truth. The only sure fire way to pass a drug test is be drug - free for longer than the detection period.