Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience:  Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal

i have fiberglass poisoning. i need to know how ...

i have fiberglass poisoning. i need to know how long this will take to clear my system. i believe i have been breathing it for about 2 years. my septum is gone. i have impetigo sores with glass chunks coming out. i have antibiotics which are helping a lot and steriods and an ointment but i am still getting more sores and more glass coming out every day. ive been sick 10 times in 2 years. im happy to finally find out what it is but now i need to know how to deal with it. i had my ac completely cleaned, sanitized, and sealed. i know i need to replace my attic insulation but is there anything i can do to get it out of my system quicker? i look like i have aids with all these sores and its gross.
This can take a few months for full symptoms to stop seeing as though you have been breathing it into your system for over two years and your best bet honestly to flush toxins from your system is a toxin flush you can find at your local health food store and this can help to flush the toxins from your body but most likely they will need to keep you on a course of antibiotics until the symptoms have cleared completely and as well the steroids can be a big help to jump starting your immune system to these reactions as well so these need to continue as well but go to your local health food store and get a toxin flush and this will help as well as pushing fluids mainly water which will help to flush your kidneys and push toxins from your system as well. I would also recommend using some antibiotic ointment three times daily too and with this being such a more internal issue with the poisoning a prescription antibiotic cream from your doctor will have better response but until then use some Neosporin to aid in speeding the healing of the sores.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Cheryl K.'s Post: have you ever personally dealt with someone with fiberglass poisoning? it seems that nobody has even heard of it. ive been seeing doctors non stop for 2 years thinking it was my workplace.. which im sure the mold was getting in thru all the cuts the glass makes in and out of my body. nobody ever suggested a toxicidy screening. is that out of the norm for it to not be done when someone is continuously sick like i have been?
I have dealt with many typed of poisoning but not fiberglass although I have heard of it especially if small pieces of the fiberglass get imbedded in your skin and inhaling it can do the same. I would honestly request a tox screen if I were you because if this is causing a poisoning to your system it will show but they would have to test for that specifically just as they would mold, drugs, or even asbestos which cause Mesothelioma so yes there is cases of fiberglass poisioning even though they are very rare and yes mold would not help and cause a worsening and internal sickness and possible infection as well.