Dr. D. Evans
Dr. D. Evans, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MS in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery , Attachment to Neurosurgery.
1771736

I have a white blood count of 18,000. My doctor wants to ...

I have a white blood count of 18,000. My doctor wants to put me on keflar?O.K. I was anemic because of lack of eating my liver. (HA,HA) iron deffecioncy? my question mark's are for my spelling, not the diagnosis. my red blood count increased,i'm ok on that now. i was also tested for pancreatic cancer. negative.my insides have been hurting for about 10 months, not bad, just an uncomfort, usually between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. about 4 hours after i have arose, it starts for a few hours, then quits. i do not drink alot of coffee, and have cut down to about three cup's. i do not show the signs of leukimia as far as i understand. when i hurt myself i heal quikly and do not bleed hard.O.K. this is pointing towards a cancer in my intestines i think. my colonoscophy? and endoscophy? did not show anything. i do have high blood pressure and am taking diovan and am doing well. i do not feel bad, but am wondering.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. D. Evans replied 9 years ago.

There are various causes of high WBC.

Inflammatory diseases: diseases like bronchitis, asthma, arthritis, or coronary artery disease. Such chronic inflammatory diseases can cause a high WBC.

Stress: such as anxiety, overexertion, seizures.

Drugs: certain drugs can cause this, such as corticosteroids, lithium, beta agonists.

Splenectomy.

Leukemoid malignancies: acute leukemias, chronic leukemias, myeloproliferative disorders

You need to discuss with your doctor about these conditions. Sometimes the cause of a high WBC cannot be located. High WBC has also been shown to have a higher than average risk. link.

I hope this answer was helpful. If you need more information, feel free to ask. For accepting this answer, please click on the green 'accept' button below. Feedback/Bonus will be warmly appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
i suffer from the _"swine flu shot syndrome"_, an extreemly rare condition that this government has hid. if anyone has any idea of this condition and it's effect(i did'nt die, rare )and it's rare after- effects'. i would apreeciate? it.
This is a completely different question from your original question.

Some initial data after the swine flu shot was administered in 1976 suggested that it caused a higher incidence of the disease condition called Guillian Barre syndrome. However, there was a lot of controversy about this and later detailed studies suggested that in fact there was no higher incidence. You are not likely to be having this, since this causes paralysis.

You can look this up here:
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/Organizations/ddil/swineflu.html

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Dear Dr. Evans, unfortunatly you are ignorant of the swine flu shot syndrome, which is to be expected. This government did it's best to cover up this catastrophy, and succeded. It was toataly different than the GBS and killed people four to six months after they recieved the shot by toataly distroying there central nervous system at the top of there spine. I have had MRI's that show damage to that part of my brain. God kept me alive for a purpose, I should be dead.Non of the drugs I have done show damage to that particular area of the brain according to the poison control center. It is a unique reaction to the swine flu shot syndrome, whitch I learned about in the V.A. medical library in the mid 80's. Of whitch I was barred from when they found out what I had learned. This govenment is a bad one. I accept your answer to my blood count and thank you very much for your time. sincerly, James