Dr A Gupta
Dr A Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD Internal Medicine, Internist with over 12 years of urgent care/outpatient experience.

I have sand color started off with diarearha ...

I have sand color started off with diarearha and now they ar sand color......should I go see my Dr?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr A Gupta replied 9 years ago.
Since you are recovering from diarrhea, the abnormal color of the stools is most likely due to the decreased transit time of the stools inside the GI tract. The color of the stools is determined by the the digestive secretions acting on the food, and this can be affected by the diarrhea. For now I would recommend to just observe for 3-4 days. If the stools continue be sand colored or become clay colored, it would be appropriate to go see a doctor for some blood tests to test for liver and gall bladder function.
I hope this helps.
Dr. Gupta