Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience:  Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal
237255

I have what feels like a cramping in my penis. It feels ...

Customer Question

I have what feels like a cramping in my penis. It feels like it is in my Urethra towards the tip. I doesn't burn and I have no discharge but it has been persistent for at least a couple of weeks. I am married, my wife and I have an active sex life but we are completely monogomists, could it be a urinary track infection?
Category: Health
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 7 years ago.
Has your urine been a darker yellow and does this seem to occur most often right when you urinate? Also are you having any lower back pain or even any slight abdominal pain at all? This will allow me to be of better help to you, thank you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, I haven't noticed much difference in my urine, however I have had some lower back pain specifically my lower left about 6 inches above my waistline
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much for that information as it allows me to help you better. And yes this sounds like a urinary tract infection but since you have been having the sensitivity for two weeks and now have the pain in your lower back that means it is going into your kidneys so you do need to be seen as soon as you can to be put on antibiotics. Women notice these sooner as our parts are more internal so in alot of cases by the time a man notices this is occuring it can be more progressed so do not wait and be seen and until you get in push fluids alot, especially cranberry juice as this will help to flush your urinary tract and kidneys and help speed healing but you do need to get on antibiotics to start fighting this before it starts to show any bleeding in your urine.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience: Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much. I will make an appointment tomorrow. I will try to get in asap.
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 7 years ago.
You are so very welcome and do push alot of fluids until then even if it greatly increases your urine output as that is what is needed so you do not get worse and I am happy to be able to be of help to you.