Dr Amit Munjal
Dr Amit Munjal, Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S{Ayurveda Physician}Worked in various clinical departments like Medicine,ER,Gynae

i sometimes get discharge from my penis its never alot and ...

i sometimes get discharge from my penis its never alot and its like once a week what can this be
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Amit Munjal replied 6 years ago.

Any history of unprotected intercourse with multiple partners ?

Is there any associated burning sensation ?

Any history of STD ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ive only had unprotected sex with my wife and i went and got checked the doctor said i was negative for gonorrea and chlamydia

What is your age ?

Since how long are you having this discharge ?

Any other associated sympXXXXX XXXXXke lower abdomen pain etc ?

Colour of the discharge ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr Amit Munjal's Post: my age is 21 ive been having it maybe for 2 months it goes away for maybe a week or a week and a half then comes back well i get a pain in my back sometimes and its always the same place in my back when i wake up in the morning i have to pee alot too even if its not alot

Other then STD other possible causes of penile discharge include balanitis, phimosis etc .In the absence of any of these other possibility is normal secretion for prostate or inflammation /infection of prostate can also result in penile discharge . If the symptoms persists a Urological consultation is required in this case .

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr Amit Munjal's Post: if the discharge is kinda between clear and milky what other sympthoms can i look for to make sure its not an std

Some of the common symptoms present with common STD include burnng while Urination , lesions on the penis , pain etc .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr Amit Munjal's Post: i have no lesions it doesnt hurt and it rarely burns but cant that be from not drinking enough water also
Not drinking enough water can cause mild burning sensation .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr Amit Munjal's Post: yes when it burns it doesnt burn like to the extreme and it isnt all the time i dont really drink alot of water and when you have the std they call THE DRIP how ofter is your penis discharging is it frequently

With STD you can have severe burning every time on passing urine and discharge may be of more frequency .

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr Amit Munjal's Post: with the discharge is it everyday like non stop or it comes once a week or so

The discharge can vary in amount from scanty to profuse, and in colour from clear to yellow/green. The timing can vary from loss in the morning only, to throughout the day.
Source

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr Amit Munjal's Post: i never get it all through the day i get it maybe once a week when i have to pee bad not when i wake up or just out of no where

I would like to add if the symptoms persists then a Urologist may be consulted .

Also since your test for common STD ( gonorrhoea and chlamydia ) have already come back normal and not a usual presentation of STD , Also no history of multiple sexual partners .

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr Amit Munjal's Post: ive had sexual partners but only 3 have been unprotected and they were all way before i got the discharge after them all my partners have been protected sex also the discharge doesnt just come out i squeeze the head and it comes out one drop and thats it for like a week or so

This can also be normal secretions from seminal fluid secreting glands especially since there is no abnormal symptoms like severe burning, pain , penile lesions etc .At the most you can also go for urine culture and sensitivity for further evaluation .

Dr Amit Munjal, Physician
Experience: B.A.M.S{Ayurveda Physician}Worked in various clinical departments like Medicine,ER,Gynae