How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask D. Baron, MD Your Own Question
D. Baron, MD
D. Baron, MD, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1040
Experience:  Physician with 27 years of experience.
Type Your Health Question Here...
D. Baron, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

CONSTANT SPITTING - (hypersalivation)

This answer was rated:

I am experiencing hyper salivation (uncontrollable NEED to spit), especially at night. I have to awaken constantly to spit into a waste bin all night. I also experience this when I drink most liquids.

I have been to my local family practice doctor [GERD, antibiotics, prilosec] and to the Cleveland Clinic Florida - [endoscopy, biopsy, monometry, nexium, achiphex].


This clinic has now suggested an ENT Doctor.

I am exhausted from lack of sleep and really need to know what type of Doctor can treat this issue.

I live in the Bahamas, am 42 years old and travel to Florida often.

Thank you.

An ENT doctor could help. I think that Lomotil (atropine) would help your problem. Here is a contact for Dr. Martin Frisosky. He's a good ENT.

ENT Consultants
10111 W Forest Hill Blvd Rm 355
Wellington, FL 33414
D. Baron, MD and other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I have an appointment with an ENT Doctor. I am not taking any more medication until the source of the problem is found.

I just need to know what type of Doctor deals with this particular problem.

Musical Doctors is exhausting.

Thank you very much.
You're welcome. I understand your frustration.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Still in limbo but I appreciate your time.

Thank you.