Lindie
Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert
163146

I have small red dots on my chest and arms, what is it?

I am a 27 yr old male in pretty good health and have noticed these little red dots that have been slowly adding to more than 20 over my upper torso, not anything remotely close to a rash, its more sparratic here a dot there a dot type. Please help.
Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 7 years ago.

You may have what's known as keratosis pilaris.

You can read more on this here Click here

Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience: 17+ years, Healthcare Expert
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Lindie's Post: These red dots are more sparratic looking and ruby red. There is one on my chest maybe 2mm and then one on my forehead that is 1/2mm, 15 to 20 dots from my head to my waist. None on my arms or legs.
Expert:  Lindie replied 7 years ago.

Do they look like the ones in the photo? It's more of a severe case that is in the photo, but enough to get an idea.

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, it looks more like a small mole on the larger one. But then the smaller ones look more like blood trapped under the skin, the concern is that I just don't want some type of disease and not know it. Can't really afford the doc, sorry, thanks for your help.
Expert:  Lindie replied 7 years ago.

similar to this?

CLICK HERE TO SEE LARGER VIEW

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes exactly!
Expert:  Lindie replied 7 years ago.

OK, first let me say, you are going to be fine :)

This is known as Angiomas. Which is a benign growth that consists of small blood vessels. It's not known why people get them. They are not dangerous, but if the become bothersome, they can be removed.

I know you said you have like 20 some, I don't know if more have been popping up in a short period of time. If that is the case, then I would suggest finding a way to see a doctor. As if they appear to come in a large quantity, it could indicate a problem with your liver. Other wise, they are generally removed due to cosmetic reasons.