Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience:  Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal

I feel a constant fullness/bloated in my upper stomach

At night my back muscles spasm, making it difficult to sleep. Also, I can only eat small amounts of food, at a time, before feeling uncomfortable.
Have you been seen for the issue with your back and have any of the OTC aids for your stomach discomfort? This will allow me to be of better help to you.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The OTC aids have helped, but still leave me with a fullness. I have had some back problems, in the past. This pain seems to move around.
This could be an issue with your gallbladder as well so this is something you should keep in mind as well as the fact this could be acid reflux that will cause fullness in your stomach so I would recommend asking about a prescription aid such as Prevacid or Nexium but due to the fact you are having back pain even though it is spasms this could be the cause so an MRI needs to be performed. It is also possible that you may have two issues going on if these started at different times and they may want to try you on a muscle relaxant to see if this helps with the spasms as in most cases you will have some back pain with an issue with your gallbladder but it is not in spasms so both issues need to be addressed and they can try you on a muscle relaxant to see if this stops the spasms. I would try taking some warm baths and also using some heat for 20 minute intervals to see if this calms the spasms and do try some Prilosec OTC to see if this helps with the fullness and uncomfortablenes in your stomach but if you are not feeling acid building when you lay down this could be an issue with your gallbladder.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
How long after using the Prilosec should I begin to see results?

Thank you for your help. emm
With the Prilosec it works for 24 hours and is actually a faster response medication then the prescription medications which can take longer to work after the first week. So it may take 3-5 days to see some difference and a week to see full benefits but is not like the prescription methods that can take up to three weeks to show full benefits.