V. Yetimyan   M.D.
V. Yetimyan M.D., Doctor
Experience:  Physician for 20 years with experience in hospital patient care.

I am 28 years old male my right armpit is very sore I can ...

I am 28 years old male my right armpit is very sore I can feel a lump but it is not protruding out of my skin
What does that mean? And what should I do for it?

Hi Willaim,

How long is your right armpit very sore?

Do you have any other symptoms such as itching, redness etc.?

How big is the lump do you think?

Did you shave your rigt arm pit recently?

Do you use anything for under arm such as deodorant , antiperspiration spray , lotion etc. ?

Did you try anything so far to take care of this problem ?

How is your general health ?

Please answer the above question for a better evaluation of your condition.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
My armpit has been sore for about 3 or 4 days.
There is no redness or itching but it hurts to lift up my arm. The lump is about the size of a large marble only squishy. It does not protrude that far out of my armpit. The lump is located in the lower area of my armpit near my peck muscle. I did not shave my armpit use different deodorant etc. I have not done anything for it yet. My general health is, I   
had a physical less than a year ago the doctor said I
was in perfect health. But I do smoke, I have been smoking for about 8 years. And I do feel a slight congestion in my chest. and I am not having bowel movements as much as I used to, this problem has been happing for almost 2 weeks now.

Hi Willaim,

Since the armpit is very sore i suspect first of all an abcess under the armpit skin. Other possibilities that needs to be ruled out an inflamed sebaceous cyst or infected or inflamed lymphnode in the armpit. The etiologic agent causing this lump and pain could be a bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a tumor. The chance of a tumor causing this is less since your right armpit is very sore. Swollen lymphnodes due to a tumor is usually painless. You need to be treated according to the cause of this problem. To find th cause you need a physical exam and appropriate tests following the physical examination. I suggest to you to see a doctor. Please click the link below for more information:

I hope this helps. Please you let me know if you need more input.

If my answer is helpful to you please click the ACCEPT button and leave a positive FEEDBACK . A BONUS would be encouraging. If you have more questions please feel free to ask. Take care.