Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice
1725470

What is DCS Trial I am scheduled for this but

Customer Question

What is "DCS Trial"? I am scheduled for this but would like more information on this.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 9 years ago.

A clinical trial will soon be started to compare a the use of a medicine called DCS (D-Cycloserine) against a placebo to judge the reaction of the volunteers to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Was this what you meant?

In this trial, half the volunteers will recieve the DCS and the other half the placebo (sugar pill). They will then be shown different pictures which are likely to produce mental stress and their reaction will be noted down.

The main aim is to see if DCS helps in controlling PTSD.

You can read more about this here:

- http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct/show/NCT00161499;jsessionid=3B0B0B14B3A3D8370CE2C284DBC4A27E?order=12

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to ask for more information if you want any. If not, please accept the answer by clicking on the green 'Accept' button on this page. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback would be much appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Relist:
Please cancel for my question was not answered.

Your question was answered. Perhaps the email informing you of it has not reached you.

Anyway, here is a copy of the answer:

You can read more about this here:

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to ask for more information if you want any. If not, please accept the answer by clicking on the green 'Accept' button on this page. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback would be much appreciated