Dr. Hanson
Dr. Hanson, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Diplomate, American Board of Quality Assurance & Utilization Review Physicians

during sex i have discharge like foam type and its white

Customer Question

it looks like foam that comes out from my vagina durin sex....a whole bunch of white stuff comes out
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hanson replied 9 years ago.

Does the white foam ONLY come out from your vagina while you are having sex?

Do you have any discharge from your vagina when you are not having sex?

Do you have any peculiar odor from your vagina?

What are the names of the pills that you are taking for cervical infection?

Did a doctor diagnose a cervical infection? If so, what is the name of the cervical infection that the doctor prescribed the pills for?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Hanson's Post: yes the foam like thing only comes out when i have sex...

yea i have discharge while im not having sex but it doesnt look the samw as if i was havin sex.

i did have odor really bad odor coming out until i went to the clinic and they told me that i have cervix infection..

the name to the pills they gave me are METRONIDAZOLE 500MG for 14 tabs twice a day..the odor went away but not the foam discharge that comes out durin sex....

the doctor only told me its a cervix infection.

You most likely have trichomoniasis.

Trichomoniasis can cause a frothy vaginal discharge with a strong odor.

Trichomoniasis is treated with metronidazole twice a day for 7 days. Be sure to take all of your medication and take it according to your doctor's instructions.

Your partner should also be treated. An infected man, even a man who has never had symptoms or whose symptoms have stopped can continue to infect or re-infect a female partner until he has been treated. You and your partner should avoid sex until you both complete treatment and have no symptoms.

Here is a link to a web site with information about trichomoniasis: