D. Baron, MD
D. Baron, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Physician with 27 years of experience.

what is a bone cyst in my shoulder and what ia the cause

had a MRI of my shoulder and the impressions were as follows: 1. Marked degernerative change involving the left AC joint as described. 2. Findings in keeping with mild impingement. 3. No evidence of rotator cuff tear. 4. No evidence of Labral tear. 5. No evidence of fracture or subluxastion. 6. Probable tiny 0.8 cm left humeral head cyst.
Category: Health
Expert:  D. Baron, MD replied 9 years ago.
A bone cyst is a small, benign, fluid filled cyst in the bone. Smaller bone cysts do not need treatment. Larger one's are sometimes treated to prevent fracture, depending on location. Your cyst was an incidental finding on your MRI. Your shoulder problem is probably due to the degenerative disease with impingement at the AC joint. If you are being seen by the Orthopedic Center physicians, say hello to Dr. Marvin Kohn for me. If Dr. Ross Stone is your orthopedic, say hello to him.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to D. Baron, MD's Post: This is very painfull, how should it be treated. I am not at the moment seeing a orthopedic doctor.
For right now, you should be on anti-inflammatory medications. Prescription strenght anti-inflammatories from you doctor will probably do better than Advil or Aleve. Physical therapy should also be instituted. If you're going to see an orthopedic surgeon, I highly recommend Dr. Marvin Kohn of the orthopedic center. He is a good orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the upper extremity. The orthopedic center has offices on Congress Ave. near JFK Hospital and in the office complex at Palms West Hospital on Southern Blvd in the Wellington-Loxahatchee-Royal Palm Beach area.