Dr. D. Evans
Dr. D. Evans, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MS in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery , Attachment to Neurosurgery.
1771736

what causes blood blisters on a mans scrodium

I have several blood blisters on my scrodium. What cause this and is it serious?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. D. Evans replied 7 years ago.
Since you are online, could you please give some more information:

Do you mean scrotum?

What do you mean by blood blisters, do you have tiny vesicles or sacs filled with blood? Are they red?

Since how long have you had them?

Any recent history of unprotected sexual exposure?

I am available online to help you further after I get this info.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Good evening Dr. Evans.
Yes the scrotum has small blood, i call bloodblisters. They look like small pockets of blood on my scrotum. Looks like small bumps filled with blood. I been haveing these for about a year. Yes they are red. No sex exposure.
thank you, XXXXX XXXXX

There could be various causes of such outgrowths.

Drug reaction: some new medications that you are taking might cause this type of rash.

Contact dermatitis: It is probable that you have developed an allergy to something, you should check out whether you have started any new soap, ointment or detergent within this period. It could be from some new article of underwear. It could also be due to some food that you took very recently. Watch out for foods like shell fish, sea fish, meats, cheese, etc. Also any new types of processed foods. If you do find anything which could be the cause, then try to avoid it.

One likely cause in sexually active persons is allergy to latex, in condoms or diaphragms. You should use non-latex condoms which are available. Link.

It could also be due to lubricant or spermicide that is being used. Change the brands or avoid it.

It will be safe to assume that it is due to some allergic reaction. You should take an anti-allergic tablet, an antihistamine. You can take Tab. Alavert 10 mg once daily (OTC). Also, apply a soothing lotion like calamine lotion, also available online.

Other conditions it could be is Psoariasis, but that usually has a slightly raised surface. There are other rarer conditions which could present in such a manner, including a precancerous lesion.

Please go through the following site to see if your rash fits any of the descriptions given.
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/menshealth/facts/spotsonthepenis.htm

I hope this answer was helpful. If you need more information, feel free to ask. For accepting this answer, please click on the green 'accept' button below. Feedback/Bonus will be warmly appreciated.

Dr. D. Evans, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MS in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery , Attachment to Neurosurgery.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you so much doctor. Yes i am takeing medication, like 60mg of morphine sulfate 3 times a day er,morphine sulfate imm rel 15mg. 3 times a day. All this is because of a serious back enjury.
Also takeing alprazolam 1mg.
This is prob. the cause of the red blood blisters on my scrotum.
Thank you so much Dr.Evans.