Dr. Bush
Dr. Bush, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  board certified family dr, specialize in women, children &sexual diseases

Can lidocaine,novacaine, etc. show up as cocaine on ...

Customer Question

Can lidocaine,novacaine, etc. show up as cocaine on urine drug tests?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 9 years ago.

No, Customer neither lidocaine or novocaine can show up as cocaine on urine drug tests.

The substances that can show up as cocaine are :

1-Benzoylecgonine, in concentration of 0.3 micrograms/ml or more

2-Norcocaine, in concentration of 60 micrograms/ml or more and

3-Ecgonine, in concentration of 350 micrograms/ml or more

If you like my answer, click accept . A bonus will always be sincerely appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to ALVARO's Post: I need to know if amoxicillin shows up as a false positive in urine test for cocaine as well. I have been told that it does.
Expert:  Dr. Bush replied 9 years ago.
alvaro is offline i can try to help
some cocaine urine tests can test a falsee positive with amoxicillin due to an overlap with the antibiotic and the cocaine metabolite.

Please click the green accept if no more questions, positive feedback appreciated

bonuses always appreciated

**Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you might have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking medical treatment due to information obtained here. The content of the response, such as text, graphics, images, and information posted on the site as well as information obtained through "links" on this site are for informational purposes only. This answer is to the best of my knowledge and experience and is in no way infallible**