Macy RN
Experience:  RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.

My lips are turning pink. How can I cange it back to ...

My lips are turning pink. How can I cange it back to it's natural color?
Category: Health
Expert:  Macy RN replied 9 years ago.

What is the natural color of your lips? How old are you? Are you in the sun alot?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Macy RN's Post: My lips are naturally brown, but te pink insde of my ip is spreading outside of them. I am 29 years old and I am not in te sun very often. I have been using a cocoa butter stick and/or chapstick for about a year now and it has not helped.
Expert:  Macy RN replied 9 years ago.

Hello Again,

I think that since this has been going on for a year you should see a Dermatologist. Some oral cancers can start with a change in color like that. I am not trying to alarm you. It could be something more simple but I tend to stay on the safe side.

If it is not something serious then the Dermatologist can treat it or get you something that could help it.

I would hate to tell you to do something and make it worse. I think it really needs to be seen to be able to give a treatment protocol,

You can find more information here:

I wish you the best,