Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant
467755

EVERYTIME I DRINK ANY TYPE OF ALCHOL I BLEED FROM MY BOTTOM ...

Customer Question

EVERYTIME I DRINK ANY TYPE OF ALCHOL I BLEED FROM MY BOTTOM THE NEXT DAY
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 9 years ago.
Customer

This could be due to be hemorrhoids, anal fissures, polyps, Crohn's Disease, peptic ulcer disease, and diverticulitis. Generally, the closer the bleeding site is to the anus, the blood will be a brighter red. Thus, bleeding from the anus, rectum, and the sigmoid colon tend to be bright red, whereas bleeding from the transverse colon and the right colon (transverse and right colon are several feet away from the anus) tend to be dark red or maroon colored. Stomach ulcers caused by ibuprofen, naproxen, or aspirin are common causes of upper GI bleeding. It's possible that it could be due to hemorrhoids or constipation. If constipation is an issue, you need to add more fiber to your diet, drink enough liquids, and possibly laxatives. If it is not due to constipation, then you will need to see your doctor for an exam and testing to determine what the exact cause may be.