Pauline
Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.
659881

can you use neosporin on your vagina if you have a cut

Customer Question

i had intercourse and my vagina was very dry and i have a paper cut like slice on each side of my vagina from the rubing can i use neosporin to help make it heal faster???
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 9 years ago.

I would not use neosporin internally on the vagina as it is not formulated for use on mucus membranes. It can be used externally on the outside of vaginal lips under instructions of a doctor however I would recommend that you use a simple water based vaginal lubricant to help sooth the area and encourage healing.

Keep the area clean and dry and if there is any redness or inflammation then you will need to see your doctor.