Sarah Rachel
Sarah Rachel, Nutritional Consultant / Herbalist
Experience:  Nutritional Consultant, Herbalist, Natural Health Advocate, Studying to be a Holistic Practitioner

my feet swell when i sleep when i wake up it is very ...

my feet swell when i sleep when i wake up it is very painful to walk for about 10 paces after that my feet start to feel normal. what is it??
Category: Health
Expert:  Sarah Rachel replied 9 years ago.

Hello my friend,

I understand your concern and I will do everything I can to help you. I am sorry that your going through this. Swelling in the feet can be caused by a variety of things and may indicate an underlying medical condition. An infected cut is one of the most common causes of foot swelling.

Edema is foot swelling which is caused by an over accumulation of excessive fluids in the cells of the tissues in particular areas of the body commonly seen to happen in the feet. Edema can indicate a medical problem such as kidney disease, chronic renal failure, liver disease, congestive heart failure, protein loss, celiac disease, Vitamin E deficiency, severe malnutrition, and hypothyroidism.

Because this is something that is commonly linked to nutritional deficiencies I recommend that you try to eat a balanced diet with fresh fruits and vegetables. In addition you should take a whole food multi vitamin and mineral supplement as insurance. Be sure to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water each day. If your well hydrated your body won't try to retain as much water.

This is something that can't be ignored. I highly recommend that you see your doctor right away for a proper diagnosis. There could be something gong on within your body which is causing this to happen. Our bodies give us signals when things are out of balance.

I hope this gets better soon. Please click on ACCEPT otherwise please request more information. I am always here for you!

Have a wonderful day

Sarah :)