Doctor_Manju
Doctor_Manju, Physician & Gynaecologist
Experience:  Medicine Consultant .Well experienced in Emergency &Gynae
3059404

why do the bones in the top of my feet hurt

suddenly the tops of my feet hurt, it feels like what i think arthritice would feel like
Category: Health
Expert:  Doctor_Manju replied 9 years ago.

Hello

From how long you have this symptom?

Is pain present in both foot?

Any history of injury?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Doctor_Manju's Post: there was no pain or problem what so ever untill just 3 days ago, it is much worse in my right foot but still present in my left. It feels like cramping or as I said atheritise, which I have never had but am only guessing. My Son said I could be dehidrated and that they were in fact cramps. I have taken calcium sup for yrs. and normally do drink lots of water.

Hello

The complaints you have described can be due to acute arthritis or Acute gouty arthritis.Acute gouty arthritis is a sudden attack of pain in the joints, especially in the feet and legs, that occur when uric acid builds up in the joints.

You need:

• Blood tsests
  • Joint x-rays
  • Synovial biopsy
  • Synovial fluid analysis
  • Uric acid- blood
  • Uric acid - urine
  • Take tab.Ibuprofen 400mg twice daily.

You need consultation of orhopaedics doctor.

Source:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000422.htm

Hope this helped

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
    Reply to Doctor_Manju's Post: I appreciate your oppinion,before I accept your reply there are a couple more things I should tell you. one is thatI do not have any leg aches or pains, the other is that it is accross the tops of my feet but also the worse is in my toes. A nother thing is that it has been an extremley wet spring, the day this set in I had mowed the yard and though it was not raining my shoes and sox were absolutely drenched, much more than normal, and this yr. un like others we have had chemical have gotten in my feet through all the moisture?
    Customer: replied 9 years ago.
    please reply back to my last reply to you
    Customer: replied 9 years ago.
    you still have not responded to my last inquiry
    please do so, then I will accept.

Hello

Firstly I am sorry for the delay in answer.

The symptoms you have described now indicates more clearly towards diagnosis of gouty arthritis.Gout is caused by an overproduction of uric acid or a reduced ability of the kidney to get rid of uric acid. The exact cause is unknown.The big toe & ankle joints are most often affected.

The attacks of painful joints may subside in several days, but may recur at irregular intervals.The most reliable test for gout is finding uric acid crystals in the joint fluid obtained by joint aspiration (arthrocentesis). Arthrocentesis is a common office procedure performed under local anesthesia.

Since purine chemicals are converted by the body into uric acid, purine rich foods are avoided such as shellfish and organ meats, such as liver, brains, kidneys, and sweetbreads.

Source:

http://www.medicinenet.com/gout/page3.htm

Hope this helped

Thanks