Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I am constantly tired, unalert, unfocused, and cant think.

Customer Question

I am constantly tired, unalert, unfocused, and cant think. I go through stages all day and it only feels like I am ok for a couple hours a day. I get up in the morning and I just want to (and sometimes do) go right back to sleep.
Category: Health
Expert:  Doctor_Shiv(M.D) replied 9 years ago.

What is your blood sugar level?

Are you suffering from stress or depression?

Age and sex?

Any past medical illness?

Any investigations done?

What is your blood pressure and pulse?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Doctor_Shiv(M.D)'s Post:

I dont know about my blood sugar. My life is fairly stressful, I was wondering if I was depressed but I dont know its different from day to day. I am a 23 yr old male. No past medical conditions and no investigations done. Every time I run this stuff by my father he thinks I am just a hypochondriac. The truth is it is like I am in this state that I cant get out of. Sometimes it is all I can do but just lay down and that is not like me. My blood pressure and pulse are both good.

The exact cause can not be find only by symptoms, You need certain blood work to evaluate the condition.

You need- CBC,Blood sugar , Thyroid levels checkup, RFT.

Depression or grief are common cause cause for your symptoms. Avoid alcohol and smoking.

Use these tips-

-Practice Yoga or meditation to relax yourself.

- Take a multivitamin

• Get adequate, regular, and consistent amounts of sleep each night.
  • Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet and drink plenty of water throughout the day.
  • Exercise regularly.
  • Get blood work done, and clinical examination by Physician. You will be treated accordiongly.

Check this link-

Hope it helped.

Expert:  Family Physician replied 9 years ago.
    Your symptoms are highly suggestive of a possible sleep disorder such as sleep apnea.

In addition to the tests that the other expert suggested, you may want to discuss the option of having a sleep study done to determine if you have this easily treated condition.

I have had at least a dozen of my patient treated for sleep apnea with REMARKABLE improvement in their quality of life.
    Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
    Experience: Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years