Dr. Bush
Dr. Bush, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  board certified family dr, specialize in women, children &sexual diseases
4738463

I have severe shooting pain from neck and jaw line up into ...

I have severe shooting pain from neck and jaw line up into head and eye up in mouth can't talk have hard time swallowing.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Bush replied 7 years ago.
sounds like you have a pinched nerve in the neck. there are several possibilities in this area that can radiate to the areas described. this can be from inflammation or a herniated disc. i see you are on the lyrica which sometimes covers nerve pain but i would recommend and mri of the neck if you havent already had one. if you have the next step would be to see a neurologist who can do sepcific nerve testing called EMG.
to the meds you are on you can add alleve twice a day in the meantime.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Bush's Post: The pain is in the front left side of neck not in bones but in the part that goes up to the neck. Hurt in colar bone through to my back. My left hand is weak and arm feels heavy. When it first started I got light headed and bad pain shooting up through my neck into my head. Passed out for a second and fell backwards. Laid down for a while when got up could not talk bad pain in Face.
Expert:  Dr. Bush replied 7 years ago.
because it is on your left side i would see a dr to rule out cardiac involvement.
it still sounds neurological to me and the course of action i mentioned would be appropriate.
please accept if no more questions
Dr. Bush, Doctor (MD)
Experience: board certified family dr, specialize in women, children &sexual diseases