Dr Amit Munjal
Dr Amit Munjal, Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S{Ayurveda Physician}Worked in various clinical departments like Medicine,ER,Gynae
1189392

what does it mean when your urine becomes clear like water ...

what does it mean when your urine becomes clear like water with little or no smell....rarely, even after good vitamines is it yellow. This has been going on for a few weeks. I am 60 and always before, urine has had some color and occassional turbidity. It usually is bright yellow after vitamines (vitB) and now, even first thing in the am, is like water with no color.

Colourless urine indicates a dilute urine where lots of water is being excreted. If you're drinking a lot of fluid urine can be white in colour .Also colorless urine may be caused by conditions such as long-term kidney disease or uncontrolled diabetes.

Ideally a Urine routine examination ,RFT and blood sugar levels may be further evaluated .You may consult your doctor for a clinical examination .

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
This is the wrong answere....I have an MS in physiology and a doctor of vet med...I am NOT drinking more water or urinating more...ie NOT PU/PD....something is not working right metabolically....I am not "cleansing" is what I fear.

Well as such colourless urine can be due to excessive intake of water but i agree that if you are not taking enough fluids it may not be the case with you .

Ideally a renal function test to evaluate the functioning of the kidney ,Urine examination , blood sugar levels may be considered in your case .

Check this link from a website wrong diagnosis to read about the possible causes of clear urine .

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/symptoms/clear_urine/causes.htm