Doctor Nash
Doctor Nash, Professor of Medicine (MD)
Experience:  I've been teaching and practicing medicine for more than 40 years.

how to hide the taste of prednisolone

Customer Question

I have to give my son prednizolone and the taste is awful. I have already tired chocolate milk and it is not working. Help
Category: Health
Expert:  Family Physician replied 9 years ago.
How old is your son? I assume that this is a liquid formulation
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Family Physician's Post: He is over 3 1/2 years old. Right now I have the medicine sitting in chocolate milk with chocolate syrup and I can even taste it. I am going to mix the chocolate milk and make him a milk shake. I still would love to know an eaiser way to get this down him. Yes it is a liquid form. Thank you for your help.
The flavors that I have found most useful to mask bad tasting medicine - GRAPE (if you have grape jelly) or peanut butter. Bannana is another fairly good bet.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Family Physician's Post: He is not buying any of the chocolate milk shake. I did a Banana... I think I will wait and see. Thank you for your reply. I would like a refund
Expert:  Doctor Nash replied 9 years ago.

It will be proper if you wait to see if any of Family Physician's suggestions help before requesting a refund.

I am sending this as an Information Request, so you can see it without paying. This is not an answer, so do not pay for it. You pay only for answers.

Dr. Nash