Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.

why is my penis shrinking

Customer Question

I'm 40 and all of the sudden my penis has sunken inward i have to pull it out to urinate, I do not have problems getting an erection and it appears fine when i have an erection
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 9 years ago.

What is your weight & height?

Do you have diabetes or blood pressure?

Are you over anxious?

Are you taking any drugs?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
240lbs. 5'8
High blood pressure have had 2 stents in heart 1 going to intestines
yes metoporol cingular plavix metamucil hycosamine b-6 hydrocodone for migraines

i also had a vasectomy 7 years ago
Expert:  Melissa replied 9 years ago.
When did you first notice that your penis was starting to appear smaller?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Melissa's Post: around a mouth a go
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 9 years ago.
There are a few possibilities depending on the symptoms you are describing-
  • Peyronie disease - The cause of the condition is not known although there is some evidence that minor trauma may result in the condition later on. This results in some fibrous tissue in the corpora cavernosa of the penis - these are two blood filled chambers of the penis which enlarge during erection. These fibrous plaques can be painful, and are typically found on the upper side of the penis. The erection usually curves upwards but may also curve to one or either side. It can also cause retraction of the penis reversibly. Usually over time the fibrous tissue settles with time. In rare cases intervention is required in the form of surgery called Nesbitt procedure.
  • Overweight - In overweight cases the penis slowly seems to be enfolded into the folds of skin.
As you have described your symptoms have come within the last one month, you might behaving pyronie's disease, if there has been no sudden gain in weight. Given your continuing symptoms I suggest that you ask your GP to refer you to a local urologist for specialist advice.

Please ACCEPT the reply (by pressing the GREEN accept button), and give a BONUS if it was useful. If you need more information, just let me know.
Dr. Gupta

Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.