A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist
3157612

iS 1 WATERY STOOL EVERY MORNING A SIGN OF ...

iS 1 WATERY STOOL EVERY MORNING A SIGN OF MALABSORPTION?

NO WEIGHT LOSS OR OTHER SYMPTOMS
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 7 years ago.

Hi, again,

Thanks for requesting me. If you are not losing weight, then watery stools are not a sign of malaborption. If you have this every morning, then it is probably just a natural for you. As you know, stools are influenced by everything we eat and drink, our metabolism, and our stress levels. Some people have a faster transit time (the time it takes from eating the food to digesting and defecating it), and this gives the bowel less time to reabsorb water, creating a softer, more watery stool. It is nothing to be concerned about; it's just one variation of normal for that individual. If there is no blood, no straining, or other problems, then it is fine.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX add that at the time it started I was going through health anxiety after diagnosing myself from internet sites.

Hi, then that explains a lot. You know, even doctors don't try to diagnose themselves. There is a very old saying in medicine that the doctor who has himself for a patient has a fool for a client. That's because we lose objectivity diagnosing ourselves. Anxiety can cause a lot of physical symptoms so it's best not to worry too much about anything, but just see a clinician if a problem develops. Odds are it's nothing serious. Hope you are feeling better now.

A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am - thanks. I was so worried that the watery stools every day were a sign of some sort of pancreatic problem and of course the web scared me with that stuff. When I get home I have to update my credit card info and then I will accept your answer. Thanks