Deborah
Deborah, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Registered NP - Multispeciality
761613

what causes a burning pain in my groin area , hip and spine ...

what causes a burning pain in my groin area , hip and spine area, i have had this pain for a month now and its getting worse , its causing my constant pain. went to drs and he does not know, ordered naprozin been on it two weeks and no better, ice helps sometimes, please give me some infromation on what you think it could be
Category: Health
Expert:  Justin Mandel replied 7 years ago.

What do you do for work?

The burning is more inside or on the surface of the skin?

Is this more burning that you are feeling instead of pain?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
retired ,,, no its stinging chronic pain inside my groin area, constant

Did this happen suddenly or overtime?

Do you also have the burning in your hip area and back?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
happened suddenly, i notice the burining stinging pain in my groin more than in my hip and spine area althought i do have pain in them also constant pain that is relieved only with ice compresses, thanks please let me know what you think asap, thanks

The burning sensation happened at the same time as the hip and spine pain?

Did you feel the hip and spine pain before the burning sensation?

When you felt this suddenly, at the time what were you doing when this first happened?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i felt it the day after i housecleaned , i was driving home from a friends and felt a sharp stabbing stinging pain in my groin area and have had it ever since that was almost 6 weeks ago, no i didnt have the hip pain and back pain until i started getting stabbing pains in my groin area , now i have them all the time, please tell me what you think is wrong with me, somethimes the pain is unbearable other times it is just pain. thanks

After careful review of your symptoms I am going to opt out of this question.

Please be patient for another JA expert to answer you quesion, BEST OF LUCK!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
will someone else get back to me soon
Expert:  Deborah replied 7 years ago.

Give me a moment and I will try to help you.

Expert:  Deborah replied 7 years ago.

You may have a condition known as meralgia paresthetica

Meralgia paresthetica is a condition characterized by tingling, numbness and burning pain in the outer part of your thigh. The cause of meralgia paresthetica is compression of a nerve - the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve - that supplies sensation to the skin surface of your upper leg.

Click on the link to learn more.

Deborah, Nurse (RN)
Experience: Registered NP - Multispeciality
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Deborah's Post: how can it be my thigh area when my groin and ane hip are in pain also my waist area, i am confused on how you think i have this other condition with the fact that i have been on the cortizone shot and also on naprozin for 2 or 3 weeks, the x ray showed nothing , and the dr. thought it could be sciatic nerve but the needle did not help how could it come on so sudden was it fromm a pulled muscle from cleaning or the condition that you mentioned please get back to me and explain my questions, thanks
Expert:  Deborah replied 7 years ago.

What is important to understand is not everyone's symptoms manifest in the exact symptoms described. A patient may experience one or more of the exact symptoms to also include some that are unique to them only.

Additionally, you could have a combination of conditions, such as sciatica, meralgia paresthetica or arthritis for example.

Osteoarthritis is the most common type of hip arthritis. A few small European studies suggest that injections with hyaluronic acid may benefit people with osteoarthritis of the hip. Hyaluronic acid is a substance that is similar to the lubricating material produced naturally in healthy joints.

In view of the fact the x-ray was not beneficial, I would suggest a MRI. What is important to remember is that if your pain is caused by nerve compression or impingement, both the x-rays and MRI would show negative.

Have you considered consulting with a chiropractor? Often this type of specialist achieves the best results in regard to alleviating pain caused by a pinched or compressed nerve. Treament modalities such as deep tissue massage, gentle stretching, range of motion and strengtening exercises are quite successful in relieving symptoms.

A pinched nerve occurs when too much pressure is applied to a nerve by surrounding tissues - such as bones, cartilage, muscles or tendons. This pressure (compression) disrupts the nerve's function, causing pain, tingling, burning, numbness or weakness in the affected area.

A pinched nerve can occur anywhere in your body. For example, a herniated disk in your lower spine may put pressure on a nerve root, causing pain that radiates down the back of your leg (sciatica).

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
one more question and i am glad you are being so patient with me, it is just that i am in so much pain and i am scared as i mentioned i housecleamed really hard the day before this happened i mean scrubbing and waxing my home and i am 50 lbs overweight so it does sound like i could have what you described but after reading a website online on ovarian cancer i thought i had those symptons too,crazy ihope, since i have just had an ultrasound and transvaginal probe and it showed that i still have fibroid tumors ever after the change of life and i think it would have showed ovarian cancer right,

i just want to get a resonse on my last question and i want th thank you for telling me more than my dr did but please let me know if you think it could be ovarian cancer

the internet describe ovarian cancer with abdominal pain and bloated stomach
Expert:  Deborah replied 7 years ago.

I know how worrisome pain can be, especially when you consult with your doctor and still come home mind boggled with unanswered questions and concerns. I will try my best to answer as many questions you have in an effort to provide you with direction so you can discuss these possibilities with your doctor.

Symptoms of ovarian cancer are nonspecific and mimic those of many other more common conditions, including digestive and bladder disorders. It isn't unusual for a woman with ovarian cancer to be diagnosed with another condition before finally learning she has cancer.

The key seems to be persistent or worsening signs and symptoms. With most digestive disorders, symptoms tend to come and go, or they occur in certain situations or after eating certain foods. With ovarian cancer, there's typically little fluctuation - symptoms are constant and gradually worsen.

Recent studies have shown that women with ovarian cancer are more likely than are other women to consistently experience the following symptoms:

• Abdominal pressure, fullness, swelling or bloating
  • Urinary urgency
  • Pelvic discomfort or pain

Your symptoms do not appear to be associated with ovarian cancer, especially as you have had testing that would have provided an accurate diagnosis.

Perhaps for absolute peace of mind, you could ask your doctor to perform CA 125.

Tumor markers, such as cancer antigen (CA) 125, are substances that can often be detected in higher than normal amounts in the blood, urine or body tissues of some people with certain types of cancer. Currently, the main use of tumor markers is to assess how cancer is responding to treatment.

CA 125 isn't specific to just one type of cancer. But women with ovarian cancer often have elevated CA 125 levels.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP, AND YOU KNOW WHAT I REALIZED I DO HAVE A LOT OF PAIN IN MY UPPER THIGH IT FEELS BRUISED,U HAVE PUT MY MIND AT EASE AND I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT MY CONDITION AND I AM GOING TO TAKE YOUR ADVICE AND SEE A CHROPRACTER TO HELP ME WITH THIS PAIN

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND YOU HAVE GIVEN BETTER ADVICE ON WHAT I HAVE THAN ALL THREE OF THE SPECIALIST I HAVE SEEN AND I FEEL YOUR DIAGNOSIS IS CORRECT U MADE ME FEEL AT EASE AND I AM GOING TO NOT GET AN MRI I AM GOING TO REALIZE THAT IT IS WHAT U THINK AND GO TO TAKE CARE OF ME WITH THIS NERVE CONDITION. AND LOSE THIS UGLY FAT THAT I GAINED AND TAKE CARE OF MYSELF I WILL USE YOUR WEBSITE AND RECOMMEND IT TO MY FRIENDS

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU
SHERRY 62