Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience:  Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal

My left leg hurts (sore, numb) behind the knee

The whole left leg feels numb.
This is most commonly asssociated with the tendons or ligaments and you may even have some pressure on a nerve if you are experiencing numbness. Try to elevate your leg and also use some warm compresses to see if this seems to help but do not do anything that could further cause tension to the back of your knee and further cause injury to your tendons or ligaments. If this does not improve or becomes worse they will need to perform an MRI to determine if there is pressure on your nerves as well.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
When I get into bed and under the covers it seems to get better but is still sore/numb. Do you still give the same recommendation?
Yes except to elevate it at night and use warm compresses for 20 minute intervals several times daily as well. It will feel better when you are not on it as it is not under so much stress but also add some Ibuprophen too to see if this will help with the soreness and inflammation and possibly a good joint suppliment is advised.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Cheryl K.'s Post: It has been like this on and off for a while. I will try what you suggested. I feel like an MRI might be a good idea to make sure. Would you recommend this? Thanks.
Oh yes like I recommended in the first part if it lingers this is a must to determine if there is any tendon or ligament damage so if it has been like this off and on for awhile that is highly recommended.