Dr Amit Munjal
Dr Amit Munjal, Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S{Ayurveda Physician}Worked in various clinical departments like Medicine,ER,Gynae
1189392

tingling and shooting pain through my right hand..my arm..hand..elbow

Customer Question

i have had tingling and shooting pain through my right hand for about two weeks and then today my arm gave out and the tingling and pains went straight from my hand to my elbow any ideal what could be causing it?
Category: Health
Expert:  Justin Mandel replied 10 years ago.

Have you been feeling any tingling in your fingers? Is so which ones?

Do you have any history of neck injury or trauma?

Did this start all of a sudden or over time?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Justin Mandel's Post: i am having tingling in all of my fingers and my palm and that just recently stared in the past to weeks i wake up with it and go to bed with it and it has gotton wore its now going into my arm . i have had pains in both hands since i got pregnant with my son and that was two years ago . but never had the tingling before

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Justin Mandel's Post: no and the tingling just started 2 weeks ago and the pain has been there for two years and the only hand doing the tingling feeling is the right one

Based on your responses, I cannot be certain what is happening here.

Please be patient for a repsonse from another JA expert, I will open this question up so it can be answered by someone else!
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Justin Mandel's Post: how long do you think it will take for someone to help figure out what is wrong with it?
Expert:  Dr Amit Munjal replied 10 years ago.

Your symptoms are most likely due to pinched nerve either in the cervical spine due to herniated disc or due to nerve compression at the wrist .Some times median nerve compression can cause pain in the hand and up to the elbow .You may be seen by a neurologist for further evaluation .