Mark Bornfeld
Mark Bornfeld, Dentist (DDS)
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA

i have a knot like lump in my cheek after being punched in ...

Customer Question

i have a knot like lump in my cheek after being punched in the jaw what could it be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Mark Bornfeld replied 9 years ago.

The most probable causes for swelling after a traumatic injury include hematoma (internal bleeding), infection, or fracture of a bone of the face or jaw.

In order to determine appropriate treatment, you will need to see a doctor or medical facility and possibly take x-rays of the injured area. Depending on the extent and nature of the injuries, you may need antibiotics, drainage of abscess or hematoma, or reduction of a fracture.

Hope this helps...