Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience:  Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal
237255

my skin feels like it is on fire. under my arm and ...

my skin feels like it is on fire. under my arm and back. sometimes it feels fine then it flares up again
Category: Health
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 9 years ago.
Is there any rash at all? Has there been any recent muscle strain or injury to that area? Have you experienced any numbness at all anywhere throughout your body? This will allow me to be of better help to you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
THERE IS NO RASH. AND NO MUSCLE STRAIN. THERE HAS BEEN A LITTLE NUMBNESS IN MY BUTTOCK. IT HAS ALSO BEEN I MY STOMACH AREA.
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for that informaton as this greatly helps me to be of better service to you. This actually sounds like some possible nerve damage as even if you have not injured yourself lately this can cause issues down the road. With being able to rule out a rash, this rule out an allergic reaction and also since you have no recent muscle strain that is not the issue either in my opinion. But when you do have occasionly numbness in the buttocks it can be nerve pressure that is causing the burning pain in your back and if it runs along your spine can even cause the burning into the arm area also. I feel they need to do a spinal MRI in relation to not only your lower back but upper as well so they can see if there is inflammation or a pinched nerve causing the burning, and numbness that you are feeling. The only other cause for numbness and burning can be an issue with your circulation but if you have more burning then numbness and swelling then the most likely issue is nerve related issues. I would reccomend that you be seen by a Neurologist or at least have your physician refer you for an MRI nand then depending on if there are any buldges or herniations in any of your discs or any pressure on your nerves.