Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant

I am having a snot like substance coming out of my vagina.

Customer Question

I am having a snot like substance coming out of my vagina. There is no odor and no pain. It has been going on for over a week now. What could you guess it is without testing.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 9 years ago.

If there is no foul odor and no other symptoms, then this is just regular vaginal mucus. During ovulation, mucus becomes clear and stretchy. During other times of your cycle it is off white and creamy. If you develop a foul odor along with other symptoms, this indicates an infection is present, of which you will need to see your doctor. Otherwise it is most likely normal vaginal mucus.