Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert

my urine is cloudy and smells bad

my urine looks very cloudy and has a strong ordor to it
Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 9 years ago.

Cloudy urine usually indicates UTI or even possible kidney stones. You need to see your doctor, or if you have an urgent care in your area would be good. A urinalysis should be done and appropriate antibiotics should be given. In the mean time, do increase your fluid intake (water or cranberry juice is good) but you still will probably need antibiotics.

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don't forget to click the *ACCEPT* button and please take a moment to leave me *POSITIVE* feedback.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
it started after i had sex with a new partner for the first time
Expert:  Lindie replied 9 years ago.

Then that would rule out kidney stones. So this is probably a UTI. Some bacteria from sex may have gotten into the urethra. Once the bacteria enter the urethra it travels upward causing infection in the bladder and sometimes other parts of the urinary tract.

So do get treatment. It's always best to urinate after sex, as this helps to eliminate bacteria from the area.

Hope this helps.