Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience:  Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal
237255

I have been breaking out with open sores on my face not ...

I have been breaking out with open sores on my face not real noticeable unless you get really up on them, there like small painless sores that start out red and when then like open up like its a small burn the skin peels away, I got one on my forehead on the side of my forehead, the one below my eye is healed but you still see the scare, my skin has bee very dry under ariund my neck, I just got another one on my cheen and my cheek. I just wonder if something using, but what ever it is its scaring me
Category: Health
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 9 years ago.
This can easily be an allergy issue to something that you are using on your face. It may also be a fungal skin infection as well but I would recommend trying first of all some Benadryl to see if this seems to help with the rash and skin burning that you are seeing and if you are using any chemical products on your face this could be the cause also. As this sounds like an allergy related issue or a chemical burn so any facial cleansers you are using stop using them and try Neutragena Facial cleanser which can help to rid all of the chemical residue from your skin. This along with the Benadryl should show signs of relief but if not it would be best to be seen for a skin test which can show results of allergies within 15-30 minutes of a skin test. So try the Neutrogena and the Benadryl first to see if this helps and if so likely whatever cleanser you are using on your face has caused an allergy that would cause the chemical burn signs you are experiencing.