Obgynadvice, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  ob-gyn, fully board certified and licensed. 12 years experience

I am 8 weeks pregnant and had a gush of clear fluid come ...

Customer Question

I am 8 weeks pregnant and had a gush of clear fluid come out of me. I am in no pain but I am concerned that this may be a sign of miscarrying. Should I be worried?
Category: Health
Expert:  Obgynadvice replied 9 years ago.

Hello and welcome...

Typically the amount of fluid at 8 weeks of pregnancy is not sufficient to cause a big gush...but I have had one patient who felt a gush at 12 weeks of pregnancy. Things to watch out for are bleeding, cramping or pelvic and lower back pain etc. You could take it easy over the weekend if you do not have any other symptoms and just schedule a follow up appointment with your ob on Monday.

During pregnancy because all the smooth muscles and sphincters loosen due to the hormones, it is not unusual to have loss of urine. the vaginal secretions and moisture can also be more.

Good luck and feel free to ask any other questions