Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice

How do i stop getting cuts on my penis?

I am circumsized.

Two times in the past 9 months after sex, I have got a few very small cuts that appear to be from stretching on the tip of my skin and the underneith portion of the skin on my penis. The first time by using extra lubrication and reducing the amount of times we have sex, the cuts went away. This time it's been a couple weeks and they still haven't healed. Sometimes after sex (when I have the cuts) the skin on my tip drys up. Because of this, I have been thoroughly washing my penis after sex, but it will still get a little dry. What should I do to allow the cuts to heal and how do I prevent this in the future?

Also the connector underneath my skin that connects the bottom of underneith to the top has a small U-shaped rip in it. At times it feels like while initially penetrating, that it's ripping more. I started using more lubrication and that has stopped the feeling but the rip hasn't heeled. What do I do to speed up the process of it heeling?

I have been checked for STDs and I have none. I have never had these problems with anyone I've slept with beforehand.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 9 years ago.

It is likely that you have a fungal infection.

Fungal infections cause the skin as well as the tissues underneath to get dry and somewhat stiff. Friction during sex will cause small cuts to appear on the skin.

Please apply Lotrimin ointment (available OTC) 3 tmes a day for at least 1 week. Do not have sex during this time to allow the skin to heal.

If you see that the skin is not healing properly, please consult a docor as you will need prescription strenth anti-fungal ointments like Mycolog Cream II.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for the response.

Is the fungal infection also the reason why the small rip in the connector isn't healing?

Yes, the fungal infection will prevent the rip on the connector from healing. This is because fungus tends to hamper the blood supply of the infected area.

Avoiding sex and applying Lotrimin will help the cuts heal quickly.

I hope this helps.