Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice

as of recently, i cant stretch my foot out, it hurts ...

as of recently, i can't stretch my foot out, it hurts the back of my foot, my heel, as in when i lean forward, or stretch my foot to hit the gas or brake pedal when driving, what could that be and what can i do about it?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 9 years ago.

The commonest cause of heel pain, especially when stretching is Plantar Fasciitis. The plantar fascia is a strong membrane that stretches from the heel to the base of the toes. It can get inflamed if too much strain is put on it as by wearing very high heels, obesity, a job that requires long hours of standing, arthritis, heel spurs etc. Stretching the leg out causes the plantar fascia to get stretched and ppain.

You need to get this checked up by an orthopedist (bone doctor). A physical examination, and tests like Xrays and MRIs will help in the diagnosis.

To know more, please see:

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.