Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

my son twisted his knee in the grass dont have alot of money

Customer Question

can you walk on it?
my son twisted his knee in the grass
dont have alot of money so if I dont have to take him to the doctor
is rest good for it?
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 9 years ago.

ACL injuries often have an acutely swollen knee, and an inability to walk on the affected leg. Diagnosis is made through clinical examination as doctor does a range of movement and addditional tests. MRI confirms the diagnosis.

However he may have done some other damage. It all depends on his presentation. If there is any problem with flexing or straightening the knee, or put full weight on it. Or there is any swelling or tenderness then he would need someone to have a look. The degree of injury will vary depending what speed he was travelling, the angle he went over etc.

Depending what he has done, treatment may be rest, elevation, ice and compression and return to mobility with exercises.

Does this help?