Dr Amit Munjal
Dr Amit Munjal, Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S{Ayurveda Physician}Worked in various clinical departments like Medicine,ER,Gynae
1189392

how do i stop a menstrual cycle once it has already started

i'm going on vacation tomarrow, and i started my period. i would like to stop it for a couple of days so that i can enjoy my vacation
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Amit Munjal replied 9 years ago.

Unfortunately there is no way to stop a period once it starts .

To stop a period you have to start medication three days before the expected period is due to begin .

Check this link for future reference .

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/womenshealth/205368.html

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
is there any other method that will catch the blood so that i can have sex without it being messy?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
i accept that there is no way to stop my period, but is there anyway to catch the blood so that sex isn't so messy?

If you are going to have sexual intercourse, try to get your partner to straddle you while you are lying on your back: this will help to slow the bleeding. Lay down some spare towels or sheets beforehand, so that it will absorb any excess blood. You may want to think about wearing a diaphragm or cervical cap during sexual intercourse. These will protect you from pregnancy and work to contain any menstrual fluid. However, these barrier methods of birth control should not be used on an everyday basis to collect menstrual blood. Although they are similar, diaphragms and cervical caps are not the same as menstrual cups.

Source - http://www.epigee.org/menstruation/sex.html