Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience:  Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal
237255

Sometimes I feel sick before having a bowel movement. I ...

Sometimes I feel sick before having a bowel movement. I usuallly feel better about 15 mins later. Why could this be? I have searched around online and can't find anything.
Thank you
K
Does it come like in a hot flash with a wave of heat and sickness that comes over you? Have you had any cramping before your bowel movements? Also have you noticed any blood in your bowel movements? This will allow me to be of better help to you thank you.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Cheryl K.'s Post: I don't feel cramping, but do sometimes feel like a wave of heat comes over me and I just feel off. I only have noticed blood on the stool when I am constipated and straining to go to the bathroom.
Ok thank you for this information as it allows me to be of help to you. This sounds like you are having underlying issues with your colon and might be showing signs of colonitis. If you feel that wave of heat come over you and feel off this can occur when there is inflammation in the intestional tract and it may not always be that it is due to your straining that is causing the bleeding it can be coming from your lower GI tract. I highly recommend that you be seen for further evaluation before this does become full blown colonitis as they can treat any infection or inflammation with anti-inflammatory medication as this can become worse with time. Adding more fiber to your diet is also recommended as well to help prevent periods of constipation that can put pressure o your intestional tract as well. Fibersure is a good daily suppliment to use to allow for softer more regular stools but I would recommend having further evaluation due to the symptoms that you are describing as it sounds like the beginning of colonitis.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Cheryl K.'s Post: could a long time low carb diet cause these problems?
Not in most cases but it could be adding to your constipation so try the fibersure to balance out your regularity but no a low carb diet would not cause this to occur but constipation can irritate the intestional tract and make this more possible to occur.